Dean Furi-Perry serves as Dean of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at Becker College, where she provides leadership to the departments of Criminal Justice and Legal Studies, Psychology, Education, and Humanities, and courses in Sociology, History, CORE, and Government. Prior to that, she served in previous positions as Assistant Dean and Coordinator of the Criminal Justice program.
For over a decade, she has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in law, paralegal studies, criminal justice, and government at a number of institutions, including Becker College, the Massachusetts School of Law at Andover, the Center for Legal Studies, Bridgewater State University, and Northern Essex Community College. Dean Furi-Perry came to Becker after serving as Director of Academic Excellence and adjunct professor at the Massachusetts School of Law.
Dean Furi-Perry’s writing has been published by Law.com, American Lawyer Media, the American Bar Association, LawCrossing.com, Legal Assistant Today, and several of the Boston Herald’s community publications. She is the author of the following books:
• 50 Legal Careers for Non-Attorneys (American Bar Association Publishing, 2008)
• 50 Unique Legal Paths: Finding the Right Job (American Bar Association Publishing, 2009)
• Law School Revealed (Jist Publishing, 2009)
• Trial Prep for Paralegals (co-author, the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2009)
• Your First Year as a Lawyer Revealed (Jist Publishing, 2010)
• Trial Prep for the New Advocate (co-author, Lexis-Nexis/the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2011)
• The Legal Assistant’s Complete Desk Reference (American Bar Association Publishing, 2011; second edition 2013; third edition 2015)
• The Millennial Lawyer (American Bar Association Publishing, 2012)
• The Little Book of Fashion Law (American Bar Association Publishing, 2013)
• The Little Book of Holiday Law (American Bar Association Publishing, 2013)
• Constitutional Law for Kids (American Bar Association Publishing, 2014)
• Social Media Law: Cases and Problems (American Bar Association Publishing, 2014; second edition 2016)
• Going to Court (American Bar Association Publishing, 2015)
As a practicing attorney, Dean Furi-Perry focuses her practice on divorce, custody, and other domestic relations matters. She has been licensed in Massachusetts since 2007. She was recognized as a 2016 Up-and-Coming Excellence in the Law Honoree by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and the Massachusetts Bar Association.
Dean Furi-Perry actively participates in and speaks frequently to bar associations, paralegal associations, schools, and other organizations about professional topics of interest to attorneys, legal professionals, and students, including:
• Keynote Speaker, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Paralegal Conference, 2009 and 2012.
• Chair and Speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association, Creative Ways Conference, 2009 and 2011.
• Organizer and Speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association, Young Lawyer Career Conference, 2009 and 2010.
• Panelist, University of Virginia School of Law, Future of Fashion Law Conference, 2014.
• Speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association, Practicing with Professionalism Course, 2015 and 2016.
• Speaker, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Annual Conference, 2017.
• Speaker, American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, Social Media Law seminar, 2015.
• Speaker, Eighth Circuit Judicial Conference, August 2018, Des Moines, Iowa.
• Guest, iTunes podcast Killer Legal Reality Radio, 2015. Guest, Sirius XM Talk Radio, The Legal Pad, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
• Quoted by various publications, including the Wall Street Journal Law Blog, Law360, and American Lawyer Magazine.
Dean Furi-Perry graduated from Brandeis University with a degree in Politics and American Studies and received her Juris Doctor magna cum laude from the Massachusetts School of Law at Andover, where she graduated at the top of her class. She is an avid runner and is training to run her third marathon