skip navigation

Get Help Now

What To Do If You Have Experienced Sexual Misconduct

There is no right or wrong way to respond to an act of sexual misconduct. It is most important to do what is right for you. If you or someone you know has been assaulted, a variety of resources are available and we encourage you to consider the following actions:

Seek Medical Care

Seek medical attention at a local hospital. In the emergency room, doctors and nurses can treat any injuries, test for and treat sexually transmitted infections, and test for pregnancy. A medical exam will also help collect evidence in case you decide now or at a later time to pursue criminal charges or legal action.

Seek Support From a Confidential Resource

Talk to someone you trust. There are people on campus and in the community who are trained to help you cope with the experience and examine your options.


Anyone who feels that s/he has been the victim of sexual misconduct is encouraged to bring it to the attention of the Title IX Coordinator. She is empowered to provide interim remedies and measures to support all individuals involved in these situations and to protect the safety of the campus community through these measures.

If Someone You Know is Assaulted

As a supportive friend or ally, you provide support, give assurance that College and community resources are available to help, and offer assistance to access these resources.

What is Sexual Misconduct

Prohibited sexual misconduct includes sexual assault, inducing incapacitation for sexual purposes, sexual exploitation, stalking and dating or domestic violence.

Local and National Resources

An alphabetical listing of local and national resources where you can find assistance for issues ranging from sexual assault to domestic violence to GLBT support.

UPDATED! Fall 2020 plansClick here