skip navigation

Traditional Undergraduate Withdrawal Refund

College Withdrawal

A student wishing to withdraw from the College must follow this procedure:

  • Pick up a withdrawal form in the Registrar’s Office and discuss the reason for withdrawing.
  • Meet with his/her Academic Advisor.
  • Contact the Director of Financial Aid to determine financial aid status.
  • Contact Student Accounts to determine final balance.
  • Resident students must bring residence hall keys and student identification to the Office of Student Affairs.
  • Commuter students must bring student identification to the Office of Student Affairs.
  • The withdrawal form, signed by each of the aforementioned persons, must be taken to the Registrar’s Office.

A student who is withdrawing without following this procedure will not be withdrawn from courses. As a result, the student will receive failing grades in all courses and will not be eligible for fee refunds. This may jeopardize the student’s ability to transfer to or take courses at other educational institutions. For individual course withdrawal information, refer to the Academic Catalog.

Tuition and Fee Refunds

Refunds on tuition and fees for a withdrawal from Becker College for all non-Title IV (financial aid) recipients will be made according to the following schedule.

Students who leave the College:

  • During the first week of class: 85%
  • During the second week of class: 75%
  • During the third week of class: 50%
  • During the fourth week of class: 25%
  • After the fourth week of class: 0%

The housing agreement is binding for one entire academic year, consisting of fall and spring semesters. If the student enters the agreement after the beginning of an academic year, the contract is binding for the remainder of the academic year. Any requests from residents for release of the housing agreement are subject to the approval of the Director of Residence Life or his/her designee. Such releases will be considered for the following reasons:

  • Withdrawal, academic dismissal, or graduation from the College
  • Military deployment
  • Marriage
  • Participation in an academically sponsored study abroad program

Written documentation for all of these releases is required by the Director of Residence Life or his/her designee.

Becker College reserves the right to terminate the housing agreement, serve the resident with written notice to vacate the premises immediately, and take possession of the space at any time for violation of this agreement, residence hall policies and procedures, violation of the Conduct Code, and/or, federal, state and local laws. Students withdrawn from housing for discipline or other reasons are not eligible for a refund.

When Title IV financial aid is involved in helping a student meet the cost of attendance, Becker College will follow the refund policies mandated by the reauthorization of the Higher Education Act of 1992. All Title IV recipients will be refunded using the Federal Refund Calculation. Examples of these refund policies are available at the Financial Aid Office.

Any refund that includes Title IV aid will be restored to the programs in the following order: Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan, Federal Subsidized Stafford Loan, Federal PLUS Loan, Federal Pell Grant, Federal SEOG, and others. After all federal aid has been returned, refunds will then be returned to state and institutional sources. Any remaining balance will then be returned to the student.

These refund policies are based on mandates issued by the U.S. Department of Education and guidelines issued by the American Council on Education (ACE) in conjunction with the American Council on Education (ACE) in conjunction with the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO).

For more information about Closure Next Steps: Click here