Approved Anti-Virus Solutions
To connect to Becker’s Internet, your computer must have approved, up-to-date Anti-Virus installed. You may purchase your own, or you can use Sophos Anti-Virus (details below).
Please note: All Anti-virus programs below with the exception of Sophos are not offered by the college. The download links for each program will give you a trail version of the program. If you wish continued use of Becker Internet after your trail has ended you will be required to purchase the product of your choice OR download Sophos which is given to students at no extra cost.
Symantec / Norton:
- Windows/Mac: Download
- Built into Windows
- Downloads below
Sophos EndPoint Security- Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware in One
Becker provides Sophos EndPoint Security to all students at no additional cost. Sophos works on Windows, Mac, and Linux computers. It has both anti-virus and anti-malware protection built in. Even if you already have another anti-virus product installed, all students will be required to install Sophos if you want to connect to the Becker network. Please download and install one of the Sophos options below prior to bringing your computer to campus.
Please note: If you have any anti-virus software already installed, you should uninstall that software using the normal uninstall process in Control Panel. If you have multiple anti-virus applications installed, you need to uninstall all of them.
Sophos for Windows– This is a self installer. Please click the link and follow the prompts. After installing Sophos, restart your computer. After windows comes up, right click on the Sophos icon in the systray and click update now. If you have trouble updating Sophos on your Windows, please try the instructions in this troubleshooting guide.
- Sophos for Mac– This is a zip file. Please download and unzip the file and follow the instructions here for installation. If you have trouble updating Sophos on your Mac, please try the instructions in this troubleshooting guide.
- Sophos for Linux– This is a self installer. Please click the link and follow the prompts.
ClearPass OnGuard Client
OnGuard for Windows– This is a self installer. Please click the link and follow the prompts.
- OnGuard for Mac– This is a self installer. Please click the link and follow the prompts.
- OnGuard for Linux– This is a self installer. Please click the link and follow the prompts.
Malware infections are becoming more common every year. The new Sophos Endpoint tool should detect and prevent malware. However, if your machine does get infected with Malware, there are several free anti-malware programs that you can use to fix or prevent malware problems. They include:
- Malwarebytes: This tool can protect your computer as well as fix certain issues regarding malware. This program is NOT Mac compatible.
Usage tips: – Update your database frequently. We recommend scheduling bi-weekly scans on your computer. Malwarebytes has a built in scanning process that allows you to decide when you would like to scan your computer.