File a FAFSA
The first step to apply for financial aid is completing the FAFSA form through the federal government. FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid and is cost-free for students and families to complete.
- The website is FAFSA.gov (opens in a new window).
- Becker College school code is 002123.
- Priority deadline is January 15 (Note – Students are able to submit a FAFSA after January 15).
- We recommend using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) when completing the FAFSA.
- Freshman and new student award packages are mailed as FAFSAs are submitted, beginning in December.
- Returning students can expect their award information in June. Students will receive email notification that financial aid packages are available to review on myBecker.
Dates and Deadlines
The 2020-2021 FAFSA is available for completion. This FAFSA uses the 2018 tax and income information.
The 2019-2020 FAFSA is still available for completion. This FAFSA uses 2017 tax and income information and will be available through June 20, 2020. This is the FAFSA for Spring 2020 and most students attending Summer 2020.
Becker College does not have a FAFSA Deadline, but our priority deadline is January 15. For Massachusetts residents, the MASSGrant deadline is May 1. (Note – Students are able to submit a FAFSA after May 1).
FAFSA Mobile App
Starting with the 2019/20 FAFSA, the government has introduced an optional mobile app for FAFSA completion. More information can be found on the mystudentaid website.
If you would like to complete your FAFSA on a mobile device, look for the myStudentAid app.