File a FAFSA
The first step to apply for financial aid is completing the FAFSA form through the federal government. FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid and is cost-free for students and families to complete.
- The website is StudentAid.gov (opens in a new window).
- Becker College school code is 002123.
- Priority deadline is January 15 (Note – Students are able to submit a FAFSA after January 15).
- Massachusetts Residents will want to complete their FAFSA by May 1st to qualify for certain State funds (Note – All students are able to submit a FAFSA after May 1st).
- We recommend using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) when completing the FAFSA.
- Freshman and new student aid packages are processed as FAFSAs are submitted, beginning in December of each year.
- Returning students can expect their financial aid information in June. Students will receive email notification (to their Becker email address) that aid packages are available to review on myBecker.
Dates and Deadlines
The 2021-2022 FAFSA is available for completion.
This FAFSA covers Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022 for most Becker Students. It uses 2019 taxes and income information. Some Becker students will need this version of the FAFSA for the Summer 2021 Term.
The 2020-2021 FAFSA is still available for completion through June 2021.
This FAFSA covers Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Summer 2021 for most Becker Students. It uses 2018 taxes and income information.
Becker College does not have a FAFSA Deadline, but our priority deadline is January 15. For Massachusetts residents, the MASSGrant deadline is May 1st. (Note – All students are able to submit a FAFSA after May 1st).
FAFSA Mobile App
There is an optional mobile app for FAFSA completion. More information can be found on the mystudentaid website.
If you would like to complete your FAFSA on a mobile device, look for the myStudentAid app.