File a FAFSA
The first step to apply for financial aid is completing the FAFSA form through the federal government. FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid and is cost-free for students and families to complete.
- The website is FAFSA.gov (opens in a new window).
- Becker College school code is 002123.
- Priority deadline is January 15 (Note – Students are able to submit a FAFSA after January 15).
- We recommend using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) when completing the FAFSA.
- Freshman and new student award packages are mailed as FAFSAs are submitted, beginning in December.
- Returning students can expect their award information in June. Students will receive email notification that financial aid packages are available to review on myBecker.
Dates and Deadlines
The 2019-2020 FAFSA is now available for completion. This FAFSA uses 2017 tax and income information.
The 2018-2019 FAFSA remains available for completion through Spring 2019. This FAFSA uses 2016 tax and income information.
Becker College does not have a FAFSA Deadline, but our priority deadline is January 15. For Massachusetts residents, the MASSGrant deadline is May 1. (Note – Students are able to submit a FAFSA after May 1).
FAFSA Mobile App (New as of October 2018)
Beginning in October 2018, the government has introduced an optional mobile app for FAFSA completion. More information can be found on the mystudentaid website.
If you would like to complete your FAFSA on a mobile device, look for the myStudentAid app.