Designed for incoming first year students, this program brings highly experienced student affairs staff and faculty from all majors together to assist participants in familiarizing themselves with the social and academic expectations of college. Summer Bridge students arrive a week prior to the rest of their freshmen class. Workshops throughout the week introduce topics regarding academic success, career education, as well as specific campus resources and policies. Additionally, upon completion of the program, students will produce two completed assignments to be submitted in their first semester.
- Email Etiquette and Business Communication
- Resume and Cover Letter How To’s
- Time Management with the CLC
- Who is my Advisor?
- Staying Healthy in College
Other Summer Bridge Highlights:
- Job Shadow Experience: Students have the opportunity to visit local employers with small groups of Bridge participants within the same major.
- Campus Resource Scavenger Hunt: Work in pairs to discover resources and activities on and off campus. Can you complete the hunt?
- Early access to tutoring scheduling at the CLC
- Nightly Activities: mini golf, movie night, BBQ, ice cream social!
Why Participate in the Summer Bridge Program?
Summer Bridge 2016 students had an average GPA of 3.2 in their first semester, and 100% retention from the Fall 2016 to the Spring 2017 semester. The Summer Bridge Program helps students learn valuable skills and to build confidence and independence before classes begin. It is perfect for students who need more time to adjust and acclimate as they begin their first year at college.
“The Bridge Program really helped me become comfortable with living at Becker College; by participating in the Bridge Program I was able to make friends before the school year began and I was given the opportunity to get used to living far away from home.”
— Audra Bell, Class of 2018 Media Design, Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society
Cost for the program is $1500 and includes room, board, workshops, trips, and activities. Commuter students may participate in the program and should speak with Program Operations Manager Michelle Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Payments must be paid in full before the start of the program, and cannot be combined with financial aid packages or paid by outside foundations.
* Fall student-athletes’ pre-season practice schedules preclude them from participating in the Summer Bridge Program.*
In order to apply, students must be admitted to Becker College and submit a deposit; health forms must be completed and program charges must be paid prior to move in. Upon registration, students will receive an information packet outlining the program, events, and other important information.
For more information, please email email@example.com