skip navigation

New Student Frequently Asked Questions

What is the security of the residence halls?

All residence halls are locked 24/7. Students gain access to their hall using their electronic fob. Becker College Police is available 24/7 and patrols both the campuses throughout the day. Becker College Campus Police have a strong relationship with local police departments. Worcester police frequently patrol the Worcester Campus.

What are quiet hours?

Quiet Hours are from 11:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m., Sunday to Thursday, and from 1:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m., Friday and Saturday. Courtesy hours are all hours outside of the posted quiet hours. Residents are expected to be considerate of their neighbors during all hours of the day.

Can I request a roommate?

Students may request a roommate, but they must request each other on the online housing application in order to be considered. You must request the person through the housing application, and they will have the opportunity to accept this request.  Accepted requests will be honored to the best of our ability. If you have already completed the application and would like to request a roommate please email the full name of the person you would like to request to

I requested a specific hall, am I guaranteed to be placed there?

Students may request a specific residence hall, but due to the size of the buildings (some of the houses are smaller than others) we cannot guarantee we will be able to accommodate all of these requests.

What are the dimensions of my room?

Because many of our residence halls are renovated Victorian-style homes, there is no standard room size. If you wish to purchase a room area rug before move-in, please keep the receipt in case it does not fit the room and you need to return it. Both the Worcester and Leicester Campuses are located near major department stores should you wish to purchase additional items after your arrival on campus.

How many roommates will I have?

Due to the fact that our residence halls are located in renovated Victorian-style homes, there is no standard room size, which varies the number of roommates you will have.  Our rooms are sized to house from 2-4 people.  If you do live in a quad there will be plenty of space for all students.

If I have a medical condition, can I request to be placed in specific housing?

There are limited housing options for incoming students who need accommodations. We will try to honor these requests to the best of our ability. All housing accommodation forms for incoming students are due to the Office of Residence Life and Student Conduct no later than Friday, June 22, 2018. The New Student Request for Housing Accommodations form is located on the Residence Life page.

Can I make a change to my housing application?

If you would like to edit your application, please email us at with the changes you would like to make.

If I do not like my room or roommate, can I change my room?

If there is a problem between roommates or the room a student is in, please contact the student’s RA or AC. Students are not allowed to change rooms during the first two weeks of the semester. If space is available after the first two weeks of classes, students may be given the option to change rooms.

I wanted to be on one campus and ended up on another, what do I do?

While we make every effort to house students on the campus of their choice, in some cases, due to the number of beds on each campus, we will not be able to meet all of these requests.  We will work with students who want to change from one campus to another.  In some cases we will be able to move students to their preferred campus before the August move-in.  Transportation between campuses is provided, so you will always be able to easily get from one campus to another.  If you would like to request to be moved to a different campus than the one you were assigned please fill out the wish list request form.  We will make effort to make these changes but can not guarantee a change will be made prior to moving in.

Does the College supply cleaning supplies and toilet paper? Who is responsible for cleaning bathrooms?

The College’s housekeeping staff provides toilet paper, but not cleaning supplies. Housekeeping will clean all community bathrooms unless students have a bathroom inside of their room. In such instances, students are responsible for cleaning their bathroom.

When will I find out my housing assignment?

Housing assignments will be made in July. All students will be notified via their email address their housing assignment as well as their roommates names and contact information.  If by the end of July you have not received a housing assignment and feel as though you should have please email and we will get you your assignment.

How can I decorate my room?

You are encouraged to decorate your room with posters and pictures to make your room feel like home. However, nails, tacks, or duct tape cannot be used, and damage to walls will be billed to the residents.

Can first year students have cars?

Yes, all students are able to have cars on campus.  They must be registered with Campus Police and display the parking decal in the appropriate location (there is no cost for the decal).  Parking on both campuses can be limited (especially in the winter), so if you do not need a car it might be easiest to leave it at home.  Becker offers a shuttle service between both campuses making transportation to and from classes easy.

Can I bring aquatic pets?

The only pets allowed in the residence halls are fish.  Please consult the student handbook for information on tank size and other restrictions.

Where will transfer students be housed?

We do our best to place incoming transfer students in our returning student housingnot with first years).  To the best of our ability we will house transfer students together or pair them with current Becker students.

For more information about Closure Next Steps: Click here