skip navigation

Housing and Dining Accommodation Requests

Becker College strives to create intentional, comfortable, and supportive living communities that create a seamless living and learning environment. We recognize that occasionally, students may need housing accommodations in order to be successful. To help make certain each student receives an appropriate housing assignment the following process has been developed to review all requests for special housing accommodations.

The Student Accommodations Committee evaluates requests made by students seeking housing accommodations. In an effort to respond to these requests as fairly and knowledgeably as possible, members of this committee will be comprised of Residence Life and Housing, Health Services, Counseling Services, and Collaborative Learning Center.

How Do I Apply for a Housing or Dining Accommodation?

Step 1: Student Completes Online Application

To be considered for a housing or dining accommodation, the student must complete the housing application form as the first step in the accommodation request process. Complete the student form here.

The student form is the student opportunity to communicate the need. This form MUST be accompanied by step 2 in the process, the physician documentation that meets the criteria below.

Step 2: Letter from Treatment Provider

Once the student completes the online application, the Office of Residence Life requires a letter to be submitted by a non-parental treatment provider (i.e. counselor, therapist, physician, etc.). A physician letter MUST be submitted for a housing and dining accommodation request to be reviewed and considered.

Treatment providers should be on-going with knowledge of the specific diagnosis that the student had within the previous six months. Criteria required in the letter can be found below:

  • Submitted on letterhead of practice
  • Credentials and contact information of the evaluator
  • Length of time evaluator has treated the student
  • Diagnostic statement identifying the disability
  • Description of the diagnostic methodology used
  • Description of the current functional limitations
  • Description of the expected progression or stability of the disability
  • Description of current and past accommodations, services and/or medications
  • Identify the specific need the requesting student has for the accommodation
  • Statement about how the need for the accommodation relates to the ability of the resident student to use the living arrangements provided by the college

All letters must be signed by your provider and mailed to:
Becker College
C/O James Patten, Residence Life
61 Sever Street
Worcester, MA 01609


Step 3 (If Applicable): Complete Emotional Support Animal Application

Students seeking to have an emotional support animal on campus must complete the ESA application in the link below in addition to the Accommodation application and the letter from a qualified provided.

Submit the Emotional Support Animal Application.

See information on emotional support animals.

Application Deadlines & Notification Process

The student will need to complete and submit either a New Accommodation Application or an Accommodation Renewal Form by the following dates to have their request considered.

July 13, 2020: Incoming Becker College Students for Fall ‘20 Semester

December 7, 2020: Spring ’21 for Returning Becker Students and Incoming Becker Students

March 22, 2021: Returning students for Fall 2021

The Student Accommodations Committee will review each student request including the supporting documentation provided and make a decision about the request. If necessary, decisions will also include housing placement based on the accommodation requested. Students will be notified of the committees decision through their Becker College email account. Consideration is given based on the date all documentation is submitted and space availability. If accommodation documentation is not received by the dates listed above, requests may not be reviewed and granted until the following semester; this decision is made on a case by case basis.

It should be noted that simply submitting the Request for Housing Accommodations form does not guarantee the request will be granted. Accommodations are made on a needs-based and space available basis. Housing accommodation requests need to be submitted each year, they do not carry forward.




For more information about Closure Next Steps: Click here