Housing Selection 2018
It’s that time of the year! The Office of Residence Life is gearing up for the 2018-2019 Housing Selection Process. Current Becker students (residents and commuters) are all invited to participate in housing selection. The process allows students to select their residential community, room or apartment, and roommates for the upcoming academic year.
The Housing Selection Process
Step 1. Complete Paperwork
- Deposit – $400.00 housing deposit must be paid directly to Student Accounts by March 23rd in order to receive a lottery number.
- Class Registration – Pre-register for 12 credits for the Fall 2018 semester
- Accommodation Requests – Students requiring special accommodation requests must follow the process outlined on our website found here. All requests must be submitted by March 23rd.
Step 2. Learn about Becker’s Process
- Info Session – Housing selection info sessions will take place between March 5th & March 8th and March 19th & March 22nd in every Residence Hall.
Info Session Times
Residence Hall Information Sessions
Monday, March 5th, 2018
7:00pm: Lincoln Hall
8:00pm: Merrill Hall
8:30pm: Barrett Hall
9:00pm: Spruce Hall
Tuesday, March 6th, 2018:
7:00pm: Hampshire Hall
7:00pm: Magnolia Hall
8:00pm: May House
8:00pm: Miller Hall
Wednesday, March 7th, 2018:
7:30pm: Cedar Hall
7:30pm: Beeches Hall
8:30pm: Berkshire Hall
Thursday, March 8th, 2018:
7:00pm: Bullock Hall
Monday, March 19th, 2018:
9:00pm: Knight Hall (2nd Floor)
9:00pm: Hitchcock Hall
Tuesday, March 20th:
7:00pm: Maple Hall
Wednesday, March 21st, 2018:
3:00pm: Willow Hall
7:30pm: Lane Hall
8:00pm: Knight Hall (1st floor)
8:15pm: Winslow Hall
Thursday, March 22nd, 2018:
7:00pm: Oak Hall
8:00pm: Cypress Hall
Friday, March 23rd, 2018: Housing Deposit must be paid & Housing Accommodations Due
9:00pm: Davis Hall
- Frequently Asked Questions – Please read our FAQ’s for more details on our process.
Step 3. Decide if you want to be in a Living Learning Community
- LLC Info Session – Attend an info session to learn more about the LLC's available.
- IMAD & Health & Wellness LLC Information Session: March 2, Barrett Center, Multipurpose Room
- Health and Wellness & Animal Welfare LLC Information Session: March 21, Borger 108
- Application – The LLC application will be available February 26th and must be submitted by March 26th.
- Notification – Students will be notified if they have been accepted into the LLC by April 2nd.
- Selection – LLC Housing Selection will take place on April 9th
- Review – Please review our LLC website for more details in regards to the process
Step 4. Find a Roommate
- Find a Roommate Night – If you are in need of a roommate, Residence Life and Student Conduct will be hosting “Find a Roommate Night” giving you the opportunity to meet and chat with other students also looking for roommates.
- April 3rd: 7-8pm, 2nd Floor Conference Room, Fuller Campus Center, Leicester Campus
- April 2nd: 7-8pm, Boutin Student Center, Multipurpose room, Worcester Campus
Step 5. Find a Room
- Campus Tours – Residence Life and Student Conduct will be touring our Leicester campus housing options
- Leicester Campus: April 3rd at 8pm, tours leave from the Fuller Campus Center Info Desk
- Worcester Campus: April 2nd at 8pm, tours leave from the Boutin Student Center second floor
- Bancroft & Houghton Open House: April 4th
- Learn More – You can also look at our On-Campus Facilities webpage to learn more about our Residence Halls. The specific halls available for upperclass students will be available on this page soon.
- Have a plan – It is important to consider various housing options on both campuses to fully prepare for Selection Day.
Step 6. Prepare for Selection Day
- Housing Lottery Number – Students will receive their housing lottery number by April 2nd via their Becker College email account. Housing lottery numbers will also be posted in the Student Affairs Office on both campuses.
- Check Your Work – Double check all necessary paperwork from step 1 is completed.
- Meal Plan – Students will need to select a meal plan when selecting their room. Please visit our dining website for more information on your dining options.
- Housing Contract – Students should read and review the 2018-2019 Housing Contract. IMPORTANT NOTE: Housing contracts are binding for an entire academic year.
- Proxy Form – If you cannot attend your housing selection time, please fill out the Proxy Form 2018
Step 7. Attend Housing Selection
- Student ID – Students must bring their Becker College student ID and Proxy Form if necessary.
- Leicester Housing Options – Selection for our Leicester housing options will take place on April 10th in the Minuteman Room Room in the Fuller Campus Center located on the Leicester Campus.
- Worcester Housing Options – Selection for our Worcester housing options will take place on April 11th in the Multipurpose Room located in the Boutin Student Center located on the Worcester Campus.