Transfer of Credits from Other Institutions (See Admissions Section for transfer guidelines for specific programs)
Subject to the Graduation Requirements outlined above, students may transfer credits from other regionally accredited institutions and be eligible for the appropriate degree from Becker College, subject to meeting the following conditions:
- Completion of a minimum of 30 credits at Becker College in order to be awarded a bachelor’s degree (15 credits for an associate’s degree), exclusive of any credits awarded for Prior Learning, AP, CLEP, or other acceptable sources.
- A minimum of 15 credits of 3000/4000 level courses required for the major, and 9 credits for any minor, must be completed at Becker College. Transfer credit policies for graduate programs are determined by individual programs.
- Grades of C – or better from regionally accredited institutions. A grade of P is acceptable; provided the transfer school’s transcript key lists a letter grade equivalent to a C. Credits older than ten years may require evaluation by the appropriate Dean before a decision to accept the transfer credits will be made. Foundations/developmental/preparatory courses will not transfer to Becker College for credit toward graduation requirements (see course description for notation of foundations/developmental/preparatory course type).
- Courses must be similar in scope, breadth, and depth of content. Course descriptions and, at times, syllabi will be used as the basis for this determination.
- Courses must be within one level of the course at Becker College for which they will be used. Courses must have similar or greater prerequisites if they are to be considered for transfer from a lower level.
International transcripts: the student must request to have official college-level transcripts sent to a recognized credential evaluation service. Please visit the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES®) for a list of members and their websites. In this evaluation, the transcript will be translated into English, if needed, authenticated and equivalencies set to determine the level of education and its relation to accredited institutions in the United States. The results of the evaluation must be sent from the agency to Becker. While Becker agrees to review the evaluation for possible transfer credits, we reserve the right to accept or deny credits based upon the results of the evaluation. Fees are the responsibility of the student.
Courses from other than regionally accredited institutions may be evaluated for purposes of transfer. The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT) will be used as the basis for credit recommendations where such recommendations exist.
Credits awarded through the ACE formal credit recommendation process, College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and Advanced Placement (AP) count towards the maximum numbers of transfer credits described above. Courses taken as part of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA) Cross-Registration program are considered Becker credits and do not count towards those limits.
Transfer credit will not be computed into the student’s cumulative grade point average, including courses taken for “repeat” credit elsewhere.
Matriculated students should have courses evaluated for transferability prior to enrolling. Student should bring course descriptions to the Registrar’s Office.
Transfer Now Evaluation Appointments
Fill out our Transfer Now Evaluation Appointment Request form or give us a call at 508.373.9400 to set up a time to meet with your transfer counselor. Bring your transcripts and we’ll meet with you one-on-one to go over your coursework, and get you ready to transfer now!
Want to know what courses you can transfer to Becker? View our Transfer Course Equivalency Tables.