Becker College is committed to the safety, security, and the well-being of its faculty, staff, and students, and strives to create an educated and alert campus community. Safety initiatives include:
- 24/7 Campus Police coverage and a 24/7 Safety Escort Service for students are provided.
- Uniformed officers patrol the campuses through mobile, foot, and bicycle patrols (seasonal).
- Campus Police works with Worcester Police, Leicester Police, and Paxton Police to regularly patrol the Becker campuses and off-campus Becker-leased facilities.
- Timely alerts and emergency notifications are provided on safety issues.
- Communication systems include Blackboard Connect emergency notifications to the campus community as well as www.becker.edu postings, campus-wide emails, voicemails, text messages, and print notifications.
- Safety education and training is provided for all students.
- Emergency phones are available throughout each of the College's campuses 24/7.
- All campus buildings undergo an annual fire safety inspection. In addition, the Campus Police Department conducts monthly fire and safety inspections of each building. Two fire drills per semester are conducted in residence halls.
- Annually, each member of the Campus Police Department receives a mandatory 40 hours of in-service training—in excess of state-mandated regulations.
- Crime prevention and deterrence initiatives for students include: fatal vision, operation identification, Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) system, Stop Theft, and more.