This 9-credit graduate certificate provides students with the foundation of knowledge and skills needed to pursue a management career in behavioral healthcare organizations. The certificate is ideal for individuals with advanced degrees in counseling, social work, psychology or other related fields, but is also available for students beginning their graduate studies. Upon successful completion of the certificate, students are eligible to continue their education in the M.A. in Counseling (non-licensure) degree program. The certificate is comprised of three courses: Grant Writing, Budgeting and Finance in Behavioral Healthcare Systems and Applied Leadership in Behavioral Healthcare Organizations. The graduate certificate can be completed in a few as 6 months.
Upon completion of the graduate certificate, students will be able to:
- Research, develop and write grant proposals to support programs and initiatives in the behavioral health field
- Develop and interpret behavioral healthcare organization budgets and financial plans, and apply the information to organization management and planning
- Apply behavioral healthcare management and organizational leadership strategies to decision-making processes.
- Complete the online application
- Submit an official transcript showing completion of an advanced degree (Bachelor’s and/or Master’s)
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling, space-available basis. Applications are considered complete when the online application has been completed and submitted, and all required supporting documentation has been received.
Tuition and Fees
- Tuition is $640 per credit