Happy Summer! Becker College will be closed on Fridays, beginning June 22 until August 10.

Work Study

Federal Work Study Program

Students awarded Federal Work Study (FWS) have the opportunity to work an on-campus work-study job or an off-campus community service position. Federal Work Study students will receive a biweekly paycheck. Most students work 6-10 hours per week while school is in session to earn their offered award. Funds from this program are paid directly to the student (as opposed to being paid towards your Becker bill) and can be used for personal expenses.

How do I obtain a work study position and ensure that I get paid?

  1. You must be the recipient of a work study award through your financial aid package. You can access your financial aid through your “My Awards” section of your myBecker account. Please note, until all of these steps and the required documents are completed, the status will read “In process.”
  2. Read carefully the Campus Employee Handbook.
  3. Search available work study positions through our new employment platform, Handshake.
  4. Contact potential supervisor(s) to apply for posted positions.
  5. Pick up your work study authorization and payroll paperwork from the Office of Financial Aid prior to interviewing for a position. Alternatively, print the documents from the links below.
  6. Once you secure a position, you and your supervisor complete and sign the payroll paperwork. Do this 3 days prior to your start date.
  7. Return all paperwork to the Office of Financial Aid. You cannot begin your position without having the Office of Financial Aid review paperwork and authorize it with Payroll.

Required Documents

Eligible students must complete all of the following forms in order to begin employment. Documents can be printed from the links below, or students can pick up a complete hard-copy packet in the Office of Financial Aid.

All Work Study Employees:

Additional Forms for First-Time Work Study Employees Only:

  • I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification  (Federal Form – must be signed and dated in blue or black ink, pencil not accepted)
    • No scans or faxes, original version required.
    • Proper Identification Required – Two original forms of ID (see list at link, Page 3) or a valid, original US Passport (copies not accepted).
  • W-4 Tax Withholding Form (Federal Form – must be signed and dated in blue or black ink, pencil not accepted)

Pay Schedules