Code of Conduct for Education Loans
Becker College’s employees within the area of Student Financial Services and Student Accounts endeavor to adhere to best practices, including those specific to relationships with student loan providers. To that end, the Student Financial Services and Student Accounts Departments are committed to the following code to ensure transparency and the best customer service for our students and families.
- Will not enter into any revenue-sharing arrangement with any lender;
- Will not solicit gifts and/or accept anything of value from student loan companies, guaranty agencies, or loan services;
- Will not assign a borrower’s loan to a particular lender or refuse/delay certification of a loan based on a borrower’s selection of a lender or servicer;
- Will not request or accept from any lender an offer for student loan funds, including funds for an opportunity pool loan, in exchange for a promise of a certain number of loans or a specific loan volume;
- Will not allow employees of student loan companies to staff its area or answer student/parent calls made to Becker;
- Will not accept any fee, stipend, honorarium, or other payment to consult for or provides services to a lender, guaranty agency or loan servicer;
- Will not serve on any lending institution’s advisory board or any other board associated with a lending institution.