To be considered for admission, each transfer applicant must submit the following:
- Official high school transcripts (waived for those applicants holding a bachelor’s degree).
- Letter of recommendation from a non-relative.
- Copies of transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended. Official transcripts are required for transfer credit evaluation and awarding of Becker College credits.
- Your Certification and Recommendation Form
Students who transfer into Becker College may be given up to forty-five (45) credits toward an associate’s degree and ninety (90) credits toward a bachelor’s degree for course work completed with a grade of C- or better at other accredited post-secondary institutions. Course work in science and technology must be completed with a grade of C or better within five years in order to be considered for transfer credit. Acceptance of transfer credit does not supersede time limits for prerequisite requirements, i.e. math and science courses as related to nursing and veterinary admissions requirements. Transfer credit will not be computed into the student’s cumulative grade point average. Transfer scholarships are available through the Office of Financial Aid. Becker College graduates returning to earn another degree will have credits from their first degree applied toward the second degree, where appropriate. These credits will be treated as transfer credits.
Transfer Admission for Veterinary Science
Students who have successfully completed an associate’s degree in veterinary technology from an AVMA-accredited institution may apply for admission into the Becker College bachelor of science in veterinary science degree program. Minimum criteria include:
- Graduation or completion of at least 60 credit hours from a fully accredited AVMA associate’s degree program in veterinary technology, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.7.
- Completion of all associate-level core veterinary technology courses at an AVMA-accredited veterinary technology program, with a grade of C or better. Final selection of transfer students is based on the cumulative GPA of all completed undergraduate courses taken and a GPA calculated on all courses in the physical and biological sciences, mathematics, and core veterinary technology courses. Extracurricular factors such as work experience, diversity, and residency are also considered as part of the admissions process. Students transferring with less than 60 credits toward an associate’s degree from an AVMA-accredited program who meet all other admissions requirements will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Transfer Admission for Nursing
Transfer admission from other nursing programs requires the following:
- In addition to the general requirements for the health and science programs, candidates applying for transfer into the Becker College RN program from another school must complete NURS1103 (Essentials of Health Assessment and Promotion) or equivalent with C+ grade or better, and submit a letter of recommendation from the director of the program where the course was completed. Transfer credit for fundamentals of nursing (NURS1104) may be awarded based on review of course material by the director of the nursing program.
Information for advanced standing for LPN to associate’s degree in nursing (RN) program:
- Students applying to the nursing program who are currently LPNs may receive advanced standing based on a satisfactory score of 45 or better on the Excelsior College Fundamentals of Nursing exam and successful completion of NURS1103 (Essentials of Health Assessment and Promotion) at Becker College. For information about the Excelsior College exam, call 888.723.9267 or visit their website. Nursing students are required to complete a minimum of 39 credits at Becker College.