The Becker College nursing program has three separate nursing education programs; Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN), Pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), and the RN to BSN. The ASN and Pre-licensure BSN programs educate nurses for entry into nursing practice and success on the nursing licensure examination (NCLEX-RN). The RN to BSN program is for registered nurses seeking a Bachelor’s degree in nursing. There are academic, clinical, and physical/health requirements for entry into each program.
Admission to nursing (ASN and Pre-licensure BSN) is competitive, and the requirements listed below are minimums. Due to the competitive application process only the most academically qualified students will be selected.
Nursing Program Promotion and Progression criteria and specific nursing program policies are detailed in the Becker College Nursing Student Handbook.
Applicants must apply to the specific nursing program they desire to enter. Students seeking transfer from one Becker College pre-licensure nursing program to another must petition the Center for Career Education and Advising for presentation to the Nursing Faculty Association for a decision. Transfer admissions are not guaranteed.
Transfer admission from other nursing programs: Prerequisite courses are assessed by the College for transfer ability: Nursing courses do not transfer.
- G.P.A of 2.5 or better.
- It is required that science courses be completed within five years prior to admission with a grade of C or better.
- Complete a three-credit college course in College Algebra and/or Statistics within five years with a grade of C or better.
- SAT or ACT scores are required for freshman applicants
- Algebra I, II and Geometry are required for freshman applicants
- The ATI Test of Academic Skills (TEAS) is required for all ASN applicants, earning a proficient score. Only two attempts to achieve the minimum benchmark score will be allowed within a calendar year. The School of Nursing accepts original TEAS documents only.
- All nursing applicants (freshman, transfer or current Becker students) must successfully complete either the ACT/SAT exam or the TEAS exam. Students who have an ACT composite score below 19 or SAT score below 900 on the SAT EBRW and Math sections, must take and score proficient or higher on the TEAS exam as part of their application. Note: scores are subject to change.