Happy Summer! Becker College will be closed on Fridays, beginning June 22 until August 10.

Withdrawing From College

A student wishing to withdraw from the College must follow this procedure*:

  • Pick up a withdrawal form in the Office of the Registrar.
  • Meet with his or her Academic Advisor.
  • Contact Financial Aid to determine the status of any financial aid that may be involved.
  • Contact Student Accounts to determine final balance.
  • Resident students must bring residence hall keys and student identification to Student Services. Commuting students must bring student identification to Student Services.
  • Take the form signed by each of the above persons to the Registrar’s Office (form is processed on the date received, not last date of attendance).

Students withdrawing without following this procedure will not be withdrawn from their courses. As a result, the student may receive failing grades in all courses and will not be eligible for fee refunds. This may jeopardize the student's ability to transfer to, or take courses at, other educational institutions. For individual course withdrawal, refer to the course changes section of the academic catalog.

A student who withdraws from the College at any time after the last day to add or drop a course will receive a grade of W in all the courses in which the student was registered at the time of the college withdrawal.

*Students may not withdraw from the College (from all courses) via Insite.

Withdrawing and Returning to Becker

A student, who withdraws from the College and is in good standing (with all College offices) at the time of withdrawal, may request readmission through the Admission Office.  If the student reapplies and was not in good standing at the time of their withdrawal, the School Dean will review the record as part of the process.

At any time, if a student’s enrollment lapses beyond two years, s/he may apply to Admissions to return to the College under the current course catalog. There is a possibility that the student’s program may no longer be offered – in such a case, the student will need to choose a new program out of the current course catalog. Further, the student’s prior coursework, including previously transferred credits, will be evaluated and compared to current programs. Depending on the time away, a student may need to retake courses to fulfill degree requirements. Individual programs may impose additional restrictions on returning to that program following a withdrawal.

Technical courses          good for up to 5 years (science & technology)

Professional courses    good for up to 10 years (prefix-related or as specified)

General Education        no time limit (English/Math/Non-required Elective, i.e., PSYC, SOCI, HUMN, etc.)