To graduate with a degree from Becker College, a candidate must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the appropriate degree:
- Completion of a minimum of 30 credits at Becker College in order to be awarded a Bachelor’s degree, exclusive of any credits awarded for Prior Learning, AP, CLEP, and other acceptable sources.
- A minimum of 15 credits of 3000/4000 level courses required for all the major, and 9 credits for any minor, must be completed at Becker College. Transfer credit policies for graduate programs are determined by the individual programs.
- The student must complete the course work required and the number of semester hours specified to be awarded his/her degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00, and 3.00 for a Master’s degree. The final CGPA is not rounded.
- Foundations/Developmental/Preparatory courses will not transfer into Becker College for credit towards graduation requirements (see course description for notation of Foundations/Developmental/Preparatory course type).
- All financial obligations of the student must be successfully completed. Degrees will not be granted to any student having debts outstanding.
A student may participate in commencement exercises if he/she is within two courses, or up to seven (7) credits, of completing degree requirements. The student must also have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 (as of the previous semester) and must be meeting all other requirements. Following completion of all degree requirements, the student’s graduation will be officially recorded on his/her transcript and the diploma will be mailed to the student. Becker College confers degrees three times a year: May 20, August 20, and December 20. Diplomas will not be backdated.
During the latter part of the spring semester, please watch for Commencement information at www.becker.edu (homepage).