To graduate with a degree from Becker College, a candidate must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the appropriate degree:
- Completion of a minimum of 30 credits at Becker College in order to be awarded a Bachelor’s degree, exclusive of any credits awarded for Prior Learning, AP, CLEP, and other acceptable sources.
- A minimum of 15 credits of 3000/4000 level courses required for all the major, and 9 credits for any minor, must be completed at Becker College. Transfer credit policies for graduate programs are determined by the individual programs.
- The student must complete the course work required and the number of semester hours specified to be awarded his/her degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00, and 3.00 for a Master’s degree. The final CGPA is not rounded.
- Foundations/Developmental/Preparatory courses will not transfer into Becker College for credit towards graduation requirements (see course description for notation of Foundations/Developmental/Preparatory course type).
- All financial obligations of the student must be successfully completed. Degrees will not be granted to any student having debts outstanding.
A student may participate in the commencement exercises if he/she reasonably expects to complete his/her outstanding program coursework – no more than one course (up to 4 credits) – is achieving a cumulative grade point average of 2.00, and 3.00 for a Master’s degree based on semester grades and is meeting all other requirements. The degree will be mailed to the student following completion of all requirements.
During the latter part of the spring semester, please watch for Commencement information at www.becker.edu (homepage).