The Becker College Archives began to unfold during the 2011-2012 school year with the naming of Nancy Richards as College Archivist & Historian. A branch of the College Learning Commons, the Archives works to meet the need for gathering, safeguarding, and communicating the history of Becker College, now in its 230th year. Current projects include:
- Inventorying, preserving, and cataloging all on-campus holdings.
- Building an extensive College Time Line.
- Digitizing photographic images and yearbook collections.
- Responding to requests for historic information from College departments, organizations, offices, students, and alumni.
- Accessioning ongoing donations.
- Increasing the visibility of Becker’s history to the college community.
- Researching and recording the history of Becker College.
- Developing the Jacob Knight Memorial Art Gallery and the Jacob Knight Special Collection in honor of Leicester Junior College alumnus Roger Jaskoviak, ‘61.
Among the materials in the Archives are a complete set of student yearbooks from both the Leicester and the Worcester campuses, copies of College catalogs and handbooks, memorabilia ranging from scrapbooks to fraternity pins, antique typewriters, and art.
The College Archivist & Historian can be reached by email (email@example.com), phone (508.373.9711), or mail (Ruska Learning Commons, 61 Sever Street, Worcester, MA 01609). Please let us know how we may assist you.