The Integrated Studies program offers students two flexible advisory paths towards degree completion: students may combine two minors with other required coursework, or combine credits from four different disciplines, in order to craft a specialized degree reflecting their areas of interest. This new program in Integrated Studies includes courses in the Sciences, Math/Business/Design, and Social/Behavioral Sciences – culminating in a Bachelor of Science degree.
Students work on a capstone project, which will serve as the culmination of their individualized integrated studies. Students will research and write about a topic which illustrates the relationships of meaning, interaction, and interpretation within their emphasis or multiple areas of study.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students synthesize information and present a thorough, scholarly research project on a multidisciplinary topic.
- Students explore and synthesize the inherent diversity of approaches and perspectives reflected in integrated study.
- Students demonstrate skills such as oral and written communication, critical thinking, ethical judgment, and working effectively in teams.
- Students apply critical thinking and problem solving abilities through experiential learning opportunities.
The School for Graduate and Professional Studies offers a rolling admission process; applications are accepted throughout the year. Requirements include:
- Completed signed application
- Prior college credit(s) earned; copy of official college transcript(s) required
- No previous college experience; proof of high school diploma or GED required
- Assessment testing may be required
Click here for information regarding Financial Aid.
Click here to see complete Integrated Studies program (Option 1) Curriculum/Degree requirements.
Click here to see complete Integrated Studies program (Option 2) Curriculum/Degree requirements.