The Integrated Studies program offers students two flexible advisory paths towards degree completion: students may combine two minors with other required coursework, or combine credits from four different disciplines, in order to craft a specialized degree reflecting their areas of interest. and students who are interested in exploring multiple areas of study during their time at Becker College. While Becker has an excellent program in Liberal Arts, this new program in Integrated Studies will differ by including additional courses in the Sciences, Math/Business/Design, and Social/Behavioral Sciences, as well as by culminating in a Bachelor of Science degree.
Students work on a capstone project, which will serve as the culmination of their individualized integrated studies. Students will research and write about a topic which illustrates the relationships of meaning, interaction, and interpretation within their emphasis or multiple areas of study.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students synthesize information and present a thorough, scholarly research project on a multidisciplinary topic.
- Students explore and synthesize the inherent diversity of approaches and perspectives reflected in integrated study.
- Students demonstrate skills such as oral and written communication, critical thinking, ethical judgment, and working effectively in teams.
- Students apply critical thinking and problem solving abilities through experiential learning opportunities.
The School for Graduate and Professional Studies offers a rolling admission process; applications are accepted throughout the year. Requirements include:
- Completed signed application
- Prior college credit(s) earned; copy of official college transcript(s) required
- No previous college experience; proof of high school diploma or GED required
- Assessment testing may be required