Complaint and Dispute Resolution

Appeal of Grades and Other Academic Grievances

If a student believes a grade received was not what it should have been due to error or deliberate action, or if the student wishes to dispute another academic matter, the College has an appeal process under which the student appeal may be successively reviewed until a resolution is reached.

For details on the procedure, view the Appeal of Grades and Other Academic Grievances policy.

Tuition Refunds

Students wishing to withdraw from one or more courses should first speak with their academic advisor. Official course withdrawals must be processed through the Registrar’s Office.
For information on tuition refunds, view the Refund policy.

Title IX

For information, resources and the complaint procedure regarding instances of discrimination, harassment and sexual misconduct, view the Title IX page.

Other Complaints

Students wishing to submit a complaint other than those noted above should contact the Dean of the School. The Dean will either address the issue or forward the matter to the appropriate office on campus.

Becker College is authorized to participate in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). An online student residing outside of Massachusetts who does not receive a satisfactory resolution to his/her concern through the College’s resolution process may appeal the College’s decision (except those pertaining to student conduct and grades) through the Department of Higher Education’s SARA Complaint Process. Students residing in Massachusetts may appeal a decision to the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education via their online complaint form or by contacting them at:

One Ashburton Place
Room 1401
Boston, MA 02108