Transferring Credits from Other Institutions

Subject to the Graduation Requirements, students may transfer credits from other regionally accredited institutions and be eligible for the appropriate degree from Becker College by:

  1. Completion of a minimum of 30 credits at Becker College in order to be awarded a Bachelor's degree, exclusive of any credits awarded for Prior Learning, AP, CLEP, or other acceptable sources.
  2. A minimum  of 15 credits of 3000/4000 level courses required for the major, and 9 credits for any minor, must be completed at Becker College.  Transfer credit policies for graduate programs are determined by individual programs.
  3. Grades of C or better from regionally accredited institutions are subject to the time restrictions below. A grade of P is acceptable, provided the transfer school's transcript key lists a letter grade equivalent to a C. Foundations/developmental/preparatory courses will not transfer to Becker College for credit toward graduation requirements (see course description for notation of foundations/developmental/preparatory course type).
  4. Courses must be similar in scope, breadth, and depth of content. Course descriptions and, at times, syllabi will be used as the basis for this determination.
  5. Courses must be within one level of the course at Becker College for which they will be used. Courses must have similar or greater prerequisites if they are to be considered for transfer from a lower level.

Technical courses: Good for up to 5 years (science and technology)
Professional course: Good for up to 10 years (prefix-related or as specified)
General Education: No time limit (English/math/non-required elective such as psychology, sociology, humanities, etc.).

See Admissions for transfer guidelines for specific programs.

Transfer credit will not be computed into the student’s cumulative grade point average, including courses taken for “repeat” credit elsewhere. Becker College will consider foreign transcripts for credit transfer evaluation. A maximum of 30 credit hours will be accepted from CLEP.

» Transfer Equivalency Guide

If a school or college course is not shown in the tables, please contact Rebecca Porter at 774.354.0423 for transfer information.


» Articulation Agreements