All Becker College Study Away Eligibility requirements apply
- Be a full-time Bachelor’s degree candidate in good academic, judicial, and financial standing.
- Be at least sophomore standing (24 credits) with a declared major, at the time of the program.
- Maintain a 2.5 minimum cumulative grade point average at the time of application AND at the time the program begins.
- All participants must demonstrate self-motivation, maturity and self-advocacy.
There are NO additional tuition costs! Students pay regular tuition, fees and College for Social Innovation housing*. Financial aid applies, so this program usually costs the same – or less – than a regular semester at Becker College! *Commuter students, speak with your advisor about the related housing cost.
Some scholarships for housing are available through CfSI: www.collegeforsocialinnovation.org/faqs.
Accepted students enroll in SOCI-3400 and SOCI-4900 for a total of 15 credits.
- SOCI-3400 Social Innovator’s Toolbox – 3 credits (fulfills the Humanities OR Global and Diversity elective requirement)
- SOCI-4900 Internship – College for Social Innovation – 12 credits (fulfills a combination of internship and open electives and/or major courses depending upon your academic program). See your Advisor to create a plan.
It is possible for these credits to count toward elective requirements, open electives and some major courses. Once again, check with your Advisor in the Center for Career Education & Advising (CCEA) to see how the credits will fit your academic situation and your major.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Contact your Advisor directly via email or schedule an appointment through Starfish.
- You can also email CCEA@Becker.edu or call
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Eligibility Check. Students must undergo an eligibility process at Becker College before any study away or abroad program. Begin the process with your advisor.
Step 2: Application. Fill out the online application.
The application pieces will include:
- CfSI Application
- Resume and 2 references
- Unofficial transcript (degree audit)
- Completion of a skills assessment
Step 3: Interview. Top candidates will be invited to interview.
Step 4: Selection. Students will be notified if they are selected into the program.
Step 5: Confirmation. Students must confirm their acceptance to the program and submit a non-refundable deposit of $100 directly to CfSI.*
Step 6: Once students are confirmed by CfSI and commit to the program, they will work with their advisor to register for SOCI-3400 and SOCI-4900.
*CfSI housing is $4,000. The $100 deposit you pay to CfSI directly for your deposit will be used toward housing costs. You will then pay $3,900 to Becker College and Becker will pay CfSI.