Academic advising is a process of information exchange that empowers students to realize their maximum educational potential. The advising process is student-centered and will result in the student gaining a clearer understanding of themself, and the experience of higher education.
Students who are enrolled at Becker are assigned an advisor. You should meet with your advisor at least twice a semester for a major/career exploration appointment and a registration appointment.
Emails from your advisor and from the CCEA contain important academic information, deadlines, and events. Click here to meet our advisors!
Learn about the types of advising appointments:
- Explore your interests, discover your strengths, and find related academic paths at Becker.
- Discuss classes you would like to register for next semester and get the advising hold removed so you can register on time
- Find out about claiming credit for AP, IB, CLEP exams
- Learn about finding internships, volunteering or study abroad
- Ask questions about double majoring or adding a minor