Housing Selection 2016
It’s that time of the year! The Office of Residence Life is gearing up for the 2016-2017 Housing Selection Process. Current Becker students (residents and commuters) are all invited to participate in housing selection. The process allows students to select their residential community, room or apartment, and roommates for the upcoming academic year.
The Housing Selection Process
Step 1. Complete Paperwork
- Deposit – $400.00 housing deposit must be paid directly to Student Accounts by March 28th in order to receive a lottery number.
- Class Registration – Pre-register for 12 credits for FA 16
- Accommodation Requests – Students requiring special accommodation requests must follow the process outlined on our website found here. All requests must be submitted by March 31st
Step 2. Learn about Becker’s Process
- Info Session – Housing selection info sessions will take place between March 28th-April 1st in every Residence Hall.
Info Session Times
7:45pm- Bancroft Hall
8:30pm- Cedar Hall
9:15pm- Colton Hall
6:00pm- Knight Hall 1st Floor
7:00pm- May House
7:30pm- Maple Hall
8:00pm- Beeches Hall
8:00pm- Barrett Hall
8:30pm- Lincoln Hall
9:00pm- Winslow Hall
7:45pm- Davis Hall
8:30pm- Merrill Hall
6:30pm- Knight Hall 2nd Floor
7:30pm- Berkshire Hall
8:30pm- Willow Hall Courtyard
9:00pm- Miller Hall
7:00pm- Spruce Hall
8:15pm- Hampshire Hall
8:00pm- Bullock Hall
- Frequently Asked Questions – Please read our FAQ’s for more details on our process.
Step 3. Decide if you want to be in a Living Learning Community
- LLC Info Session – Attend an info session to learn more about the LLC's available.
- Application – The LLC application will be available March 21st and must be submitted by April 1st.
- Notification – Students will be notified if they have been accepted into the LLC by April 8th.
- Selection – LLC Housing Selection will take place on April 14th
- Review – Please review our LLC website for more details in regards to the process
Step 4. Find a Roommate
- Find a Roommate Night – If you are in need of a roommate, Residence Life and Student Conduct will be hosting “Find a Roommate Night” on April 4th on the Leicester campus and April 6th on the Worcester campus.
Step 5. Find a Room
- Campus Tours – Residence Life and Student Conduct will be touring our Leicester campus housing options on April 4th and touring our Worcester campus housing options on April 6th.
- Learn More – You can also look at our On-Campus Facilities webpage to learn more about our Residence Halls. Click here to see the specific halls available to upperclass students.
- Have a plan – It is important to consider various housing options on both campuses to fully prepare for Selection Day.
Step 6. Prepare for Selection Day
- Housing Lottery Number – Students will receive their housing lottery number by April 8th via their Becker College email account. Housing lottery numbers will also be posted in the Student Affairs Office on both campuses.
- Emergency Contact Form – Before housing selection, students must fill out the emergency contact form, the link to this form will be located in lottery number email.
- Check Your Work – Double check all necessary paperwork from step 1 is completed.
- Meal Plan – Students will need to select a meal plan when selecting their room. Please visit our dining website for more information on your dining options.
- Housing Contract – Students should read and review the 2016-2017 Housing Contract.
- Proxy Form – If you cannot attend your housing selection time, please fill out the Proxy Form 2016
Step 7. Attend Housing Selection
- Student ID – Students must bring their Becker College student ID and Proxy Form if necessary.
- Leicester Housing Options – Selection for our Leicester housing options will take place on April 18th in the Dance Studio located in the Leicester Campus Center.
- Worcester Housing Options – Selection for our Worcester housing options will take place on April 19th in the Multipurpose Room located in the Boutin Student Center.