Information for Accelerated Students
Accelerated graduates are invited to all Becker College Commencement activities.
- Please print out and complete your Intent to Graduate Form by Tuesday, March 18, 2014 and return to the Center for Accelerated & Professional Studies, Weller Academic Building, Suite 300. This form must be completed, signed, and returned no later than March 23; failure to do so may delay in your receiving a diploma shortly after graduation and/or limit the availability of your cap and gown.
- Accelerated students pay a $100 graduation fee.
- Caps and gowns will be available for pickup after April 25, 2014.
- Students may pick up their cap and gown at the Center for Accelerated & Professional Studies, Weller Academic Building, Suite 300 at the following times:
- Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 76 p.m.
- Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Note: If you would like your cap and gown to be mailed to you, please contact Sheila Soloperto at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 24, 2014. Please be advised that if your cap and gown are lost in the mail, we will not have time to place a reorder and you will be provided with a generic cap and gown.
- The Commencement ceremony is a ticket-required event. Each graduate will be given 6 tickets for family members/friends.
- Please be advised that the last day to submit your Intent to Graduate AND have your name in the Commencement booklet is Friday, April 4, 2014. If you submit your Intent to Graduate after April 4, your name will not be in the Commencement booklet. However, you may still be able to attend the ceremony if you receive clearance from your academic advisor (Melissa Brewer-Corash, for students with a last name ending in A-L; Janessa Vandergriff, for students with a last name ending in M-Z).
- Graduates of the accelerated programs do not need to attend any on-campus graduation meetings.