Housing Selection 2017
It’s that time of the year! The Office of Residence Life is gearing up for the 2017-2018 Housing Selection Process. Current Becker students (residents and commuters) are all invited to participate in housing selection. The process allows students to select their residential community, room or apartment, and roommates for the upcoming academic year.
The Housing Selection Process
Step 1. Complete Paperwork
- Deposit – $400.00 housing deposit must be paid directly to Student Accounts between February 13th and March 24th in order to receive a lottery number.
- Class Registration – Pre-register for 12 credits for the Fall 2017 semester
- Accommodation Requests – Students requiring special accommodation requests must follow the process outlined on our website found here. All requests must be submitted by March 24th.
Step 2. Learn about Becker’s Process
- Info Session – Housing selection info sessions will take place between March 6th & March 10th and March 20th & March 24th in every Residence Hall.
Info Session Times
Residence Hall Information Sessions
March 6th, 2017: 8pm, Knight Hall, first floor common room
March 7th, 2017: 7pm, Knight Hall, second floor common room
March 8th, 2017: 8ppm, Hitchcock Hall, common room
March 23rd, 2017: 7:15pm, Lane Hall, common room
March 23rd, 2017: 8pm, Winslow Hall, common room
More dates and times for Residence Hall Information Sessions are coming soon!
General Information Session
April 6, 2017:
6pm, Trustee Room, Boutin Student Center, Worcester Campus
8pm, Second Floor Conference Room, Fuller Campus Center, Leicester Campus
- Frequently Asked Questions – Please read our FAQ’s for more details on our process.
Step 3. Decide if you want to be in a Living Learning Community
- LLC Info Session – Attend an info session to learn more about the LLC's available.
- IMAD & World Awareness LLC Information Session: March 7, Trustee Room, Boutin Student Center
- Health and Wellness & Animal Welfare LLC Information Session: March 9, Borger 209
- Application – The LLC application will be available March 10th and must be submitted by March 27th.
- Notification – Students will be notified if they have been accepted into the LLC by April 3rd.
- Selection – LLC Housing Selection will take place on April 10th
- Review – Please review our LLC website for more details in regards to the process
Step 4. Find a Roommate
- Find a Roommate Night – If you are in need of a roommate, Residence Life and Student Conduct will be hosting “Find a Roommate Night” giving you the opportunity to meet and chat with other students also looking for roommates.
- April 3rd: 7-8pm, 2nd Floor Conference Room, Fuller Campus Center, Leicester Campus
- April 5th: 7-8pm, Linden Hall, Room 101, Worcester Campus
Step 5. Find a Room
- Campus Tours – Residence Life and Student Conduct will be touring our Leicester campus housing options
- Leicester Campus: April 3rd at 8pm, tours leave from the Fuller Campus Center Info Desk
- Worcester Campus: April 5th at 8pm, tours leave from outside Linden Hall
- Learn More – You can also look at our On-Campus Facilities webpage to learn more about our Residence Halls. The specific halls available for upperclass students will be available on this page soon.
- Have a plan – It is important to consider various housing options on both campuses to fully prepare for Selection Day.
Step 6. Prepare for Selection Day
- Housing Lottery Number – Students will receive their housing lottery number by April 3rd via their Becker College email account. Housing lottery numbers will also be posted in the Student Affairs Office on both campuses.
- Check Your Work – Double check all necessary paperwork from step 1 is completed.
- Meal Plan – Students will need to select a meal plan when selecting their room. Please visit our dining website for more information on your dining options.
- Housing Contract – Students should read and review the 2017-2018 Housing Contract. IMPORTANT NOTE: Housing contracts are binding for an entire academic year.
- Proxy Form – If you cannot attend your housing selection time, please fill out the Proxy Form
Step 7. Attend Housing Selection
- Student ID – Students must bring their Becker College student ID and Proxy Form if necessary.
- Leicester Housing Options – Selection for our Leicester housing options will take place on April 11th in the 2nd Floor Conference Room in the Fuller Campus Center located on the Leicester Campus.
- Worcester Housing Options – Selection for our Worcester housing options will take place on April 12th in the Multipurpose Room located in the Boutin Student Center located on the Worcester Campus.