Responsibility and Accountability

In my four months as president of Becker College, responsibility and accountability are recurring themes in many conversations. In fact, together, they are one of my strategic priorities for moving the College forward. I believe that Becker College is in business, ultimately, for our students, and that makes all of us responsible and accountable.

Our responsibilities to our students include the following:

• Provide a quality, fully-rounded education
  • Stay in the forefront of meeting the needs of our students
  • Prepare students to become global citizens
  • Develop students to become lifelong learners
  • Provide the maximum return on students´ investment in their Becker College education

Furthermore, as a college, we are responsible for providing quality in academics, student services, facilities and grounds. I have charged not only my leadership team, but every individual employed at Becker College, with being held accountable for contributing to that quality.

Delivering quality requires that those being held accountable must be empowered. This holds true in any organization, and it is the responsibility of leaders to listen for good ideas and to encourage everyone to share their ideas. Not every idea will be a touchdown, but we must listen and keep trying.

At the beginning of the fall semester, I asked my entire staff, “Do we hold ourselves accountable to ensuring that each and every day we wake up trying to figure out how we will help each student to have a transformational experience?”

We are committed to that mission, and I hope that all of you wake up every day and try to figure out how to participate with us in creating a transformational experience.