Athletic Hall of Fame
Becker’s Athletic Hall of Fame committee meets every two years to elect new members to the Becker College Athletic Hall of Fame. All who have a candidate in mind should submit nominations by September 1, 2012 to email@example.com.
A candidate should meet the following qualifications:
- Individual athletes must be a graduate of Leicester Junior College, Becker Junior College, or Becker College.
- Eligibility shall not begin until five years after the class of which the person was a member is graduated from Leicester Junior College, Becker Junior College, or Becker College.
- Eligibility shall not be based primarily on the athletic prowess of the individual in a varsity athletic sport. However, anyone who has made an outstanding contribution to Leicester Junior College, Becker Junior College, or Becker College athletics in any capacity, shall be eligible.
- Selection shall be made on the basis of playing ability, integrity, sportsmanship, character, and the athlete’s contribution to the team or teams on which he or she played, and to Leicester Junior College, Becker Junior College, or Becker College in general.
- Selection shall not be based on one athletic event or one spectacular play.
- Selection shall not be made on the basis of sentiment or popularity in order to protect the validity and exclusivity of the Athletic Hall of Fame.
- A brief summary of the candidate’s qualifications is required to support each nomination. The Becker Athletic Hall of Fame committee reserves the right to make its own independent inquiry and requests that those placing names in nomination refrain from divulging that fact to their respective candidates.