Federal Work-Study Program
Students awarded Federal Work-Study (FWS) have the opportunity to earn the amount of their award by working on campus. Federal Work-Study students will receive a bi-week paycheck. Most students work 6-10 hours per week while school is in session to earn their offered award. Funds from this program are paid directly to the student and can be used for personal expenses.
How do I obtain a work study position and ensure that I get paid?
- You must be the recipient of a workstudy award. If you are unsure, look on your Insite account.
- Read carefully the Campus Employement Handbook for Employees.
- Click on the desired location (Worcester Campus or Leicester Campus) to view available positions.
- Follow the procedures to inquire about or to apply for positions of interest (procedures are listed on the positions pages).
- Pick up payroll paperwork from the Office of Financial Aid prior to interviewing for a position.
- Once you secure a position, you and your supervisor complete/sign the payroll paperwork. Do this no later than 3 days prior to your start date.
- Return the payroll paperwork to the Office of Financial Aid within one day of getting it signed. If you do not return the form to the Office of Financial Aid, there will be a delay in processing and your start date will be delayed.
Check here to see work-study positions on the Leicester campus.
Check here to see work-study positions on the Worcester campus.