Becker College welcomes international students and believes that diversity as a community is a strength that should be celebrated. Currently, our student population represents 30 U.S. states and 14 countries.
In an increasingly global society, Becker College values the opportunity to learn respect and understanding for differing world views, values, and customs. This intercultural experience broadens and enriches all who participate. Our small class sizes, New England campus locations, and welcoming and caring atmosphere make Becker College a great place to study in the United States.
Applicants should have earned a minimum equivalent to a 2.0 GPA in the American grading system in secondary school (2.5 minimum GPA for consideration for nursing, vet tech, vet science, pre-vet, and equine studies/basic sciences applicants). Upon commitment to Becker College, students will be sent an I-20 form and instructions on how to apply for an F-1 student visa. For admission to Becker College, international students must submit the following:
- An application for admission completed here or via the Common Application.
- Completion of the the International Student Application Addendum online. You also can download the International Student Application Addendum via PDF.
- An official transcript of all secondary school grades (translated in English) and evaluated by an outside organization. A list of agencies can be found on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES®)
- Official college transcripts of all credits earned, translated in English and evaluated by a credential evaluation service. Please visit the NACES website for a list and websites of organizations.
- Official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score report if your native language is not English. Becker College requires a minimum TOEFL score of 79/80 for the Internet-based TOEFL, 213 computer-based, or 550 paper-based for admission. TOEFL scores should be sent directly to Becker College. The CEEB code is 3079. Testing must be within one year of application to Becker College. For TOEFL testing information please contact:Educational Testing Service P.O. Box 6155 Princeton, NJ 08541-6155.
- Official IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test scores results or official EIKEN test score results may be submitted in place of TOEFL scores. Becker College requires a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 and a minimum EIKEN grade of Pre-1.
- Official financial documentation and completion of the Declaration of Finances form to indicate the ability to pay for tuition and living expenses of at least $50,222 (for 10 months) in U.S. dollars. International students are not eligible for federal financial aid; although international students are eligible for limited merit-based scholarships, all remaining educational expenses are the responsibility of the student.
- Deadlines for international applications are July 15 for the fall semester and November 15 for the spring semester. Deadlines are in place due to the potentially lengthy process of applying for the student visa at the embassy. Applicants seeking admission from abroad are encouraged to apply to the College no later than November of the year preceding fall entry. International applicants are encouraged to be patient with the process of obtaining the student visa. Entering the country on a visitor’s visa with the intent to change to a student visa while in the United States is not advisable.