Everyone new to Becker College takes the First-Year Experience, a course designed to help you be at your academic, social, and personal best.
At Becker College, you will learn how to:
- Think beyond preconceptions
- Overcome obstacles and challenges
- Expand your horizons
- Think outside of the box
- Improve how you learn and how you study
- Go beyond your expectations
- Redefine yourself
- Forge relationships that will last a lifetime
- Cultivate your talents
- Discover your passion
To be considered for admission, applicants should have an earned GPA of 2.0 in a college preparatory curriculum or better (2.5 minimum GPA for consideration for nursing, vet tech, vet science, pre-vet, and equine studies/basic sciences applicants). Complete applications should include:
- A completed application submitted online or via hardcopy.
- An official copy of the secondary school transcript, sent directly to Becker College. Students who have received a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) must forward an official score report. Freshman admission is contingent upon the applicant’s final graduation from high school or successful completion of the GED. Applicants will need to have a final transcript submitted to Becker College following the release of final grades.
- SAT I or ACT scores. The Becker College CEEB code is 3079.
- Optional letter of recommendation, which attests to the applicant’s individual qualifications. Becker College recognizes that all students are individuals and will consider each applicant’s personal strengths and achievements. Any other supporting materials that are submitted will be considered.
- Optional essay on any topic, approximately 250-500 words in length.
- Applicants whose GPA falls below a 2.0 or whose curriculum was not entirely college preparatory will be reviewed on an individual basis. Applicants must submit all the items listed above and two letters of recommendation (one from a guidance counselor) and an essay and/or a personal interview.