General Veterinary Program Requirements
In addition to the requirements listed under first-year applicants, all veterinary program applicants must:
- Earn cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Complete two years of college preparatory secondary level school science, including biology with a lab and chemistry with a lab. Both courses must be completed within five years, with a minimum grade of C. A four-credit college course in biology with a lab and a four-credit college chemistry course with a lab within five years, with grades of C or better, will also satisfy the pre-requisite science requirement.
- Complete two years of college preparatory level secondary school mathematics, including algebra I and II or algebra I and geometry. Both courses must be completed within five years, with a minimum grade of C. A three-credit college course in college algebra within five years, with a grade of C or better, will also satisfy the prerequisite math requirement.
- Complete three years of secondary school English, with a grade of C or better.
- Based on placement test results, students may be required to take MATF1002, math for health sciences, or ENGF1001, foundations of writing, concurrently with or prior to clinical courses. Early placement testing is advised to avoid delay in beginning clinical coursework.
Students who do not meet the above criteria but who satisfy the general admissions requirements of Becker College may be accepted as an undecided student. They can then take the appropriate courses to allow them to meet the admission requirements of the veterinary science programs.