FAQs: Accelerated & Professional Studies

Q: Who is the contact for technical support?

The contact for technical support is the Becker College Help desk and they can be reached at 800.630.8986 or 508.373.1999.  They are available to all students 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Students will need their Becker College ID# when calling.

Some general information about obtaining your Becker College username and password for Insite, Canvas, and student email is available in the PDF file below.

Who do I contact for Canvas help?

When can I start?

How will I know what classes to take and when I should take them?

How do I purchase the textbooks for my course?

What services do academic advisors provide to students?

Why do I have a health insurance charge on my bill?

How do I waive the health insurance charge on my bill?

What options are available for paying my tuition bill?

How do I apply for financial aid?

What is a PIN number for financial aid?

What are the eligibility requirements for financial aid?

When should I apply for financial aid?

I have been selected for a process called verification. What do I need to do?

How will I know if I have been awarded any financial aid?

I have been awarded a Federal Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. What are the additional steps that I need to complete to accept this/these loan(s)?

I have received a letter from the Commonwealth stating that I am eligible for the Massachusetts Early Childhood Educator Scholarship or Massachusetts Paraprofessional Teacher’s Preparation Grant. Why am I not able to see this aid on my award letter or pending on my bill?

What is financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress?

When will the financial aid be disbursed to my account?

Am I eligible for a book voucher?

When may I expect to receive my semester financial aid refund check?

I get tuition reimbursement from my employer. Is it possible for me to defer my course charges until I receive the money from them?

How do I withdraw from a course for the term?