The Becker College Libraries have reserve materials available for student use at each campus library. Current reserve items can be viewed in the library catalog.
Student Reserve Policy
- Reserve materials must be checked out at the circulation desk.
- Students must present a valid and current Becker ID card to check out reserve materials.
- Reserve materials must be used within the library and may not leave the library at any time.
- Students can check out only one reserve item at a time.
- Reserve items are checked out for a two-hour loan, with the option of one two-hour renewal if no other students are waiting for the materials.
- The library has equipment available for viewing electronic reserve materials in the library.
Faculty Reserve Policy
Faculty may place either personal or library materials on reserve for their students. Reserve materials may be books, journal articles, electronic media (DVDs, CD-Roms, etc.), and instructional materials. Reserve collections are kept at the circulation desks of both Ruska and Swan libraries.
Placing Materials on Reserve
- Fill out an online Reserve Form (see below)
- Completed form information will be sent to the library via email.
- Faculty will be notified when reserve materials are processed and available on the reserve shelf.
- The library will update the online catalog to indicate that the materials are on reserve and assigned to a professor or course.
- Personal copies may be placed on reserve but the libraries will not accept responsibility for loss or damage of the materials.
- Print and fill out the Course Reserves Request Form
- Bring the materials and completed form to the library circulation desk where the materials will be on reserve.
- Library staff will create a brief record of the materials in the online catalog to indicate that the materials are on reserve and assigned to a professor or course.
Removing Materials from Reserve
Unless notified otherwise, the library staff will remove all materials from course reserves at the end of each semester. Personal copies will be returned to campus addresses unless faculty have arranged to pick up their materials in person. Library-owned materials will be returned to the open stacks.