Adjunct Professor of Humanities and Languages
Department: General Education
Office: Borger 205
Ed.M., Boston University (1973)
Professional certificate, St. Michael's College (1972)
A.B., St. Michael's College (1967)
- Understanding by design, Fitchburg State University (2009)
- Enriching content for English language learners, Cambridge College (2007)
- Latin teaching methods, University of Massachusetts-Amherst (2003)
- Education Leadership and Management, Fitchburg State University (1993-1996)
- Counselor Education, Rhode Island College (1985)
- Postgraduate Certificate of Education program, London University (1968-1971)
- Mentored and coached leadership team, resulting in increase in collegiality and focus on institutional mission.
- Launched well-received program of professional development courses for all staff.
- Coordinated institutional re-organization in four New England private secondary schools.
- Managed and consulted with repatriated educators in central Zimbabwe in re-establishing a comprehensive secondary school devastated by war for independence.
- Supervised establishment of rural sustainable agricultural development program based in local communities and multi-lateral aid efforts to build rural health clinics in northern Zambia.
- Initiated curriculum reform and development for alignment to national and international criteria and as a model for Zambian secondary schools.
- Negotiated benefits reform with faculty association, resulting in substantial institutional savings and personnel satisfaction.
- Spearheaded new localization program, which increased retention of indigenous administrators and faculty.
- Adjunct aculty in humanities and languages, Becker College (1998-current)
- Teacher, Quabbin Regional High School (1999-2011)
Counselor, Vice Principal, President, Headmaster, Manager, Teacher (1984-1999)
- Teacher, Narragansett Regional High School (1996-99)
- Principal, Trinity High School (1994-96)
- Teacher, Narragansett Regional High School (1993-94)
- Sales Manager, W.E. Aubuchon Co, Inc. (1990-93)
- Headmaster, Notre Dame Prep School (1989-90)
- President, Bishop Guertin High School (1987-89)
- Vice Principal, LaSalle Academy (1986-87)
- College Counselor, Mt. St. Charles Academy, (1984-86)
Educator, Consultant, and Development Worker (1967-1984)
- Republic of Zambia Ministry of Education and Zambia Episcopal Conference, Lusaka, Zambia
- Regional Director of Education and Development, Shitima House, Kabwe (1981-84)
- Lecturer, Nkrumah College, University of Zambia, Kabwe (1980)
- Adjunct faculty, St. Augustine Major Seminary, Kabwe (1980-82)
- Headmaster/Manager, Malole Secondary School, Malole (1973-79)
- Teacher, Dept. Head, Librarian, and Housemaster, Malole Secondary School, Malole (1967-73)