Accelerated Studies Tuition & Fees
||Enrollment begins in Fall 2013
||Enrollment begins in Spring 2014
These costs are effective as of August 31, 2013.
*The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires all students enrolled at least three-quarter time (9 or more credits per semester) to be covered under an acceptable health insurance plan. Students enrolled at least three-quarter time will be automatically billed for the cost of the College insurance unless a health insurance waiver is submitted annually. The waiver may be completed online at www.universityhealthplans.com.
Tuition and fees are billed two weeks prior to the beginning of each module. Most forms of financial aid may be used as a credit toward the bill. It is the student's responsibility to pay any balance remaining after financial aid. All balances must be paid on or before the first day of class unless another payment arrangement has been made with the Office of Student Accounts.
- Payment for each Accelerated course is due at the time of registration.
- MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express payments may be made through Insite.
- Electronic checks are accepted through Insite.
- Check or money orders may be mailed to:
Office of Student Accounts
61 Sever Street
Worcester, MA 01609
- Be sure to include the student's name and ID# on the check or money order.
- Cash payments are accepted in the Office of Students Accounts in the Student Administrative Services Building at 47 Sever Street. The office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m..
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Becker College offers a deferment plan only for students who receive tuition reimbursement from their employer.
- The student must submit the following to the Office of Student Accounts prior to the start of the fall and/or spring semester.
- $75 charge for the semester that is being deferred.
- A current statement of eligibility from the employee's Human Resource Department explaining the benefit and amount that would be covered.
- A signed promissory note which is available in the Office of Student Accounts.
- Financial Aid
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed annually and is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Becker College's school code is 002123.
- To be eligible for most types of financial aid, a student must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits) each semester. (Some students enrolled in at least 3 credits may be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant).
- Financial aid will be disbursed after the fourth Monday of the third module for each semester.
- A completed Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling must be on file for each student who wishes to use their awarded Federal Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Stafford Loan toward their bill. These requirements may be completed online at www.studentloans.gov.
- The Massachusetts Early Childhood Educators Scholarship, Massachusetts Paraprofessionals Grant, and Massachusetts State Grant will only be awarded to eligible students once the Office of Financial Aid has received a certification roster from the Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance with the student's name on it. The Office of Financial Aid usually receives these rosters at the end of the second month of each term and has the final authority on determining a student's eligibility.
- Students may decline all or a portion of an award offer by contacting the Office of Financial Aid at 508.373.9428.
Course Withdrawal Refund Policy
Students who are unable to complete or attend a course for which they are registered must officially withdraw from the course or the College. The date on which the signed Drop/Withdrawal form is received by the Center for Accelerated and Professional Studies, or the date the course is dropped through Insite by the student, is the official date of withdrawal. Students who do not officially withdraw or withdraw after the Add/Drop period of each module or term (depending on the course and week number of instructional time as noted below) will be responsible for the course charges whether or not attendance actually occurred.
5-7 Week Courses
|During the 7 calendar days of the Add/Drop period of each module
|During the second calendar week of the module
|Starting with the third calendar week of the module
15 Week Courses
|Through the end of the Add/Drop Period