Course Withdrawals and Changes

Individual Course Withdrawals

If the student drops a course before the last day to add or drop a course (see the Academic Calendar), the course is not recorded on the student’s record. A grade of W is given to a student who withdraws from a course after the last day to add or drop a course, but before the last day of classes. A student may not withdraw from a course after the last day of classes.  Grades of W do not affect the GPA but DO affect the course completion percentage, which is calculated for purposes of financial aid eligibility.

Course Changes- New Students (non-transfer)

Changes in course registration may be made during the add/drop period using INSITE or by filling out a course add/drop form from the Registrar’s office.

Course Add/Drop: Students may add or drop courses online via INSITE or in person within the registration deadlines (see academic calendar).  To add or drop a course in person, by mail or by fax, use and ADD/DROP form.

Students may add courses until the Add/Drop deadline (see Academic Calendar).  Students who drop courses on or before the Add/Drop deadline will be removed from class rosters, and the course will not appear on their transcripts.  If a student drops a course after the Add/Drop deadline, this will be treated as a withdrawal and a “W” will appear on the student’s transcript for that course.

Course Withdrawal: Unless allowed by individual instructor’s syllabus attendance policy, students will not be automatically withdrawn from a course simply due to their attendance. The student must formally withdraw from a course she/he no longer wishes to attend. Course withdrawal forms are available online or in the Registrar’s office.

Any course changes may result in an adjustment of one’s billing and/or affect one’s financial aid, housing eligibility, and/or athletic eligibility.



© 2016 Becker College. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Non-Discrimination Statement