Sophos EndPoint Security- Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware in One
Becker provides Sophos EndPoint Security to all students at no additional cost. Sophos works on Windows, Mac and Linux computers. It has both anti-virus and anti-malware protection built in. Even if you already have another anti-virus product installed, all students will be required to install Sophos if you want to connect to the Becker network. Please download and install one of the Sophos options below prior to bringing your computer to campus.
Please note: If you have any anti-virus software already installed, you should uninstall that software using the normal uninstall process in Control Panel. If you have multiple anti-virus applications installed, you need to uninstall all of them.
Sophos for Windows
– This is a self installer. Please click the link and follow the prompts. After installing Sophos, restart your computer. After windows comes up, right click on the Sophos icon in the systray and click update now. If you have trouble updating Sophos on your Windows, please try the instructions in this troubleshooting guide
- Sophos for Mac– This is a zip file. Please download and unzip the file and follow the instructions HERE for installation. If you have trouble updating Sophos on your Mac, please try the instructions in this troubleshooting guide.
- Sophos for Linux– This is a self installer. Please click the link and follow the prompts.
ClearPass OnGuard Client
- OnGuard for Mac– This is a self installer. Please click the link and follow the prompts.
- OnGuard for Linux– This is a self installer. Please click the link and follow the prompts.
Malware infections are becoming more common every year. The new Sophos Endpoint tool should detect and prevent malware. However, if your machine does get infected with Malware, there are several free anti-malware programs that you can use to fix or prevent malware problems. They include:
- Malwarebytes: This tool can protect your computer as well as fix certain issues regarding malware. This program is NOT Mac compatible.
Usage tips: – Update your database frequently. We recommend scheduling bi-weekly scans on your computer. Malwarebytes has a built in scanning process that allows you to decide when you would like to scan your computer.
- Ccleaner: This program protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. The program clears temporary files, cookies, browsing history, and more. Ccleaner is available free for both PC and Mac.Usage tips: We recommend running this program once a week. In the tools tab of Ccleaner you will find that you have the ability to choose what programs startup with your computer as well as the ability to uninstall programs directly through Ccleaner. The free version of this software does not automatically update, we would suggest updating Ccleaner every time you use it. Ccleaner has a registry cleaner function; we recommend that you do NOT use this function unless you consider yourself an advanced user.