Faculty & Staff Inquiries
To reach the goal of educating students about career development, the Center for Career Education and Advising will partner with faculty to ensure students are getting what they need. Faculty, staff, and advisors are encouraged to refer students to the CCEA with any career- related questions. Additionally, the Center for Career Education and Advising supports collaborations with the other departments, student organizations, and outside organizations for any career-related events. For more information about working together, please call (774.354.0448) or email us to set up an appointment.
Don’t Cancel that Class!
–Feeling under the weather?
-Stuck in traffic?
-Have a last minute obligation come up?
Worry not, for the Center for Career Education and Advising is at your service! Email the CCEA or call (774.354.0448) with the details of your class time and location, and if we’re available, we’ll fill in. Students could benefit from a variety of Career Education topics including: resume review, cover letter writing, personal branding, interview skills, ePortfolio’s, etc.
What We Can Do
What the Center for Career Education & Advising offers students:
- Exploration of majors and careers, based on interests, skills, goals and values
- Development of job search skills (i.e. resumes, cover letters, interviewing)
- Connections with employers (i.e. career fairs, on-campus recruitment events)
- Assistance with graduate & medical school decisions
What Center for Career Education & Advising offers faculty and staff:
- Presentations on career-related topics to classes and student groups
- Consultations on integrating career development and job readiness information into the curriculum, on employment outlook, on employable skills
- Assistance in connecting students to Becker career services
How you can help support students:
- Encourage students to use CCEA early and often and refer them to this website, which offers sections for students.
- Refer employers to Advising & Career Services to post internships and jobs in Handshake, the Becker jobs and internships database, and to get information about career/internship fairs and other recruitment activities
Request a Presentation or Workshop
CCEA offers a variety of presentations and workshops to Becker faculty, departments, and student groups. We require presentation/workshop requests be submitted at least one week prior to requested date. In your request, please include your preferred date, time, length, topic, and any other necessary information.
- Academic Success
- Internships/Job Searching
- Interviewing (workshops or presentations)
- Major Exploration
- Overview of Career Services
- Resumes/Cover Letters
- Social Media/LinkedIn
- Study Abroad
- Time Management
Please fill out the form below to request a presentation or workshop: