Global @ Becker
Becker College is committed to delivering to each student a transformational learning experience that prepares them to thrive, contribute to, and lead in a global society. To do this it must provide an environment which celebrates diverse cultures. It is distinguished for its professionally focused programs, intimate living and learning environment, two unique campuses, diversity, and emphasis on Global Citizenship.
Download the BeEngaged Global Volunteer Handbook.
The College challenges its community to educate students who can compete in a global society by instilling within them the three pillars of Global Citizenship: academic excellence, social responsibility, and creative expression.
Global Citizenship touches all aspects of life at Becker College—from academics, community service, and student leadership, to campus activities, clubs, and social interaction. This Global Citizenship website serves as a resource for prospective and current international students, the broader student and College community, current and prospective partners in Global Citizenship, and for neighbors near and far, to recognize and understand many cultures, expand horizons, and to join the Becker College community in evolving into true global citizens.
Global Citizenship at Becker College prepares students to be world ready for the challenges and entrepreneurial opportunities of the 21st century. Through Global @ Becker, students can:
- Learn about world religions, cultures, and intercultural competencies through speakers, films, special dinners, and discussion groups.
- Plan campus-wide international events and participate in meaningful and constructive multicultural conversations.
- Explore ways to cultivate social justice and peace in the world.
- Participate in domestic and international service learning trips.
- Volunteer in the local community or help with a service project.
- Take an academic service learning course or global citizenship internship.
- Attend a global lecture designed to provide inspiration to make a positive difference in the world.
- Help fund-raise for service trips.
- Document and receive recognition for global learning upon graduation.
Executive Director of MassDiGI @ Becker, Tim Loew, recently sat down for Worcester Magazine’s recurring Two Minutes With… feature. This column showcases various…
Early in July, Becker Interactive Media Design student Heriberto Calderon (pictured above with President Crimmin) received the good news that he was…
Becker Gets Davis Educational Foundation Grant, Becker.edu, July 12 Becker College has been awarded a 2-year, $115,100 grant from the Davis Educational…