PRESERVE OUR PRIDE!
In honor of Becker’s 225th Commencement Anniversary, the College is dedicating efforts toward the creation of the Becker College Archives. This represents the perfect time for you to look through your treasured College items and send them “back home.”
We would love to receive any of the following items:
- Anything relating to Leicester Academy, such as photographs, postcards, student publications (The Academy Echo, The Owl), student work, correspondence, programs, banners, pins, ribbons, and textiles
- Photographs, slides, and film relating to dorm and campus life (both academic and social) from any time period in the life of the College
- Athletics trophies, team/event programs, team and coach photos, uniforms, caps, and letters in good condition
- Pins, jewelry, pennants, and other collectibles
- College apparel, such as sweaters, t-shirts, cheerleading uniforms, and more, in good condition
- Programs, newspaper articles, ticket stubs, and other event-related items
- Yearbooks from the following years and decades only:
- Becker College: 1929, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, and 1974
- Leicester: 1950s, 1960s, 1974, and 1991
- Student newspapers and magazines, such as The Becker Budget, Becker Journal, The Ledger
- Textbooks used by students on either campus prior to 1940, especially those imprinted with the College name
- Catalogues, directories, handbooks, newsletters, flyers, booklets, and posters
- Items and documents related to Commencement, including photographs, programs, certificates, and degrees
Items will be conserved and housed within the College’s Archives, and may be placed on display or used on the College’s website or in print publications, classrooms, workshops, and special programs.
Before mailing or dropping off any items, please provide a description of the documents or objects you wish to donate to:
Preservation Archivist, Ruska Library
NOTE: Items received for “Preserve Our Pride!” will not be returned and—unless other arrangements are made by you—will not be considered a gift or tax-deductible donation to the College. Items contributed become the property of Becker College. The College reserves the right to discard duplicated and/or deteriorated items.